What do you do?
I provide digital asset management (DAM) solutions and services as well as Salesforce.com storage solutions.
What are the biggest changes you see happening in your industry?
I see four challenges in digital asset management:
1) There is a growing need to link digital asset management (DAM) with either a content management system (CMS) or web content management (WCM) software.
2) There is a growing need to sync DAM with Marketing Resource Management (MRM) systems. Marketers need to store the MRM data within the DAM and attach it with to assets.
3) With the growing rate of the use of video (such as YouTube), there is a need for DAM to start including Media Asset Management (MAM) features. Traditionally, MAM has been very specialized in addressing the demands for audio, film and broadcasting but too specialized or expensive for most non-broadcasters. Since MAMs only support a limited number of fie types, it is not a solution for someone to store photos, InDesign, CAD, MS Office files, etc.
4) Vendors have over sold the idea that you can install the DAM and be up and running in minutes without the help of consultants. The problem is that the configuration of the DAM is ignored because vendors assume companies use the DAM in the same way. As a result, DAMs are not functioning properly for customers resulting in low satisfaction with the technology.
In terms of Salesforce.com (SFDC), the biggest challenges are the storage limits in SFDC as well as limits on sending large files to others from SFDC.
What opportunities and challenges will these changes bring about?
The first company to provide a DAM-MRM-CMS solution – in other words, a one-stop shop – for small and medium size companies may have an opportunity to corner on the market. Traditionally, only enterprise level DAMs and MAMs have these features, but traditionally they have been out of the reach of small and medium size companies due to cost and complexity.
More DAMs will adopt MAM features to keep up with the demand for video.
What are your biggest goals?
CyanGate’s goals are to work with a network of partners to provide the DAM-MRM-CMS solution for small and medium size companies as well as change the argument from the ROI on a DAM to minimizing the risk of not having a DAM or a properly functioning DAM. When starting a DAM project, customers need to factor the cost on analysis and configuration.
To address the storage limits in SFDC, CyanGate provides a free version of its S-Drive solution (http://sdriveapp.com/) for those who only need 1 GB.
Who and what would you need to reach your goals fast?
CyanGate is currently working with a network of partners to provide the DAM-MRM-CMS package. We are open to hear from others to pursue the goal.
Finally, who should contact you and why?
1) Those looking for a DAM solution whether it is their first system or have an existing system and seek a replacement. CyanGate offers both consulting services to find the best fit for your company as well as digital asset management solutions.
2) Those who have a DAM and want to optimize it. CyanGate has over fifteen years’ experience in digital asset management services. What we bring to our customers are best practices to stay ahead of the competition as well as our proven methodology to configure and/or customize a DAM to the customer needs.
3) Those who want unlimited storage for Saleasforce.com. Go to http://sdriveapp.com/ for this solution.
Thanks! And reshare me in Twitter and Facebook! =)